Below are current job openings at Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference Institutions:
Head Softball Coach - Philadelphia University
as of June 19, 2017
The Head Coach is the individual charged (in conjunction with the Director of Athletics) with the responsibility, planning, programming, directing, supervising, and implementing of duties and functions for the individual sports program. The Head Coach must work closely with all others involved in carrying out the philosophy and objectives of the intercollegiate athletic program. The Head Coach is directly responsible to the Director of Athletics.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (80% of the Time)
Note: Please indicate next to each essential duty/responsibility the average percentage of time an employee is expected to spend on that item. The total percentage of all items cannot exceed 100.
1. Responsible for administrating all aspects of the program under his/her charge including coaching, promoting, making team travel arrangements, requisitioning and maintaining equipment, recruiting of perspective players, supervising assistants, monitoring academic progress of student-athletes, and fulfilling other such duties as they arise or as assigned.
2. Responsible for being thoroughly familiar with and complying with all University, Department, CACC and NCAA policies, and disseminate such information to assistant coaches and student athletes. This includes on-time completion of the NCAA coaching certification test.
3. Responsible for assisting in the preparation of, and adhering to, deadlines and specific dates for the timely completion of all forms and related materials.
4. Responsible for arranging with the Director of Facilities for use of appropriate facilities, and keeping the Director of Athletics informed of the condition of equipment and facilities.
5. Responsible for providing instructions and training necessary to create skills, techniques, and physical conditioning sufficient to enable each participant to compete safely and competently.
6. Responsible for providing on-site supervision during all practice and game situations including locker room supervision.
7. Responsible for providing the Associate Director of Athletics a list of recruited and current squad members and completed NCAA forms prior to the start of the first scheduled practice.
8. Responsible for cooperating with the Athletic Trainer to insure student-athletes have returned all the necessary forms with the team.
9. Responsible for reporting all serious injuries of the student-athletes to the Director of Athletics and the Athletic Trainer within 24 hours of the injury.
10. Responsible for exhibiting a high level of expertise in his/her sport and seek self-improvement by attending clinics, workshops, seminars, and other related development programs.
11. Responsible for maintaining current CPR, AED, and First Aid Certification. Effective 7/1/07.
12. Responsible for treating the academic achievement and requirements necessary for progress toward a degree as a matter of the highest priority for the student-athlete, and to be sensitive to class and final examination schedules when scheduling practice and game competition.
13. Responsible for managing the activities of his or her squads in a fair-minded, honest, efficient, and financially responsible manner.
14. Responsible for treating opposing coaches, officials, students and colleagues with respect and dignity.
15. Responsible for encouraging student-athletes to have fun in their sport and recognize individual outstanding single or combined efforts.
MARGINAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (20% of the Time)
1. Responsible for working with the equipment manager to issue inventory, maintain, collect, and store equipment used within the program.
2. Responsible for assisting the Director of Athletics and taking an active part in all department fundraising projects.
3. Effectively encourage new student-athletes to attend Philadelphia University.
Head Softball Coach - Holy Family University
as of June 14, 2017
Holy Family University is accepting applications for a part-time head softball coach. Holy Family University is a NCAA Division II institution and a member of the Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference. A bachelor’s degree and a record of successful coaching experience, preferably on the college level, are required. A demonstrated ability to teach, motivate, and develop student-athletes is expected. The successful candidate will have a commitment to NCAA Division II philosophy and will be expected provide leadership for the softball program, with responsibilities for the organization, administration, and development of a competitive program in accordance with the mission of Holy Family University. Review of the applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. A letter of application, resume, and three professional references should be sent electronically to Assistant Vice President of Athletics, Sandra Michael at email@example.com and to the Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org